By accident, Percy LeBaron Spencer of the Raytheon Company (several years later) discovered that microwaves also cook food. He found that radar waves had melted a candy bar in his pocket. The first microwave oven to go on the market, called the Radar Range was as large and heavy as a refrigerator.
According to a growing body of research, microwave ovens are dangerous to our health.
How do microwave ovens heat/cook out food
Alternating currents force atoms to reverse their polarity. This creates friction and vibrates the water inside of the food molecules causing the food to heat up.
How are microwave ovens dangerous
Inside of your microwave there are 2.45 billion hertz which is fine, until the seal on your microwave door ages and begins to leak. The frequency amount shown to harm the human body is 10 hertz. Be cautious and never stand near an operating microwave. You won't know your body is being harmed by the leak until the damage is already done.
- Causes birth defects
- Cataracts- due to our eyes lack of blood vessels to dissipate the cellular stress and heat from the microwave
- Weakened immune system
- Lowered resistance to viral and bacterial infections
- More serious illnesses
- Breaks chemical and molecular bonds
- Swiss scientist, Hans Hertel's study suggests microwaving food degrades and depletes food of its nutrients
- The radiation from the microwave destroys and deforms the molecules in the food, creating dangerous radioactive compounds
- In 1992, a study from the Search for Health, researched the effects of participants that consumed microwaved vegetables
- Microwaved breast milk looses 96% of its antibodies
- Microwaved Infant formulas' structure is altered, changing the components in amino acids, creating immunological abnormalities
- Rapidly increasing cholesterol levels
- Decrease in hemoglobin causing an anemic-like conditions
- Decrease in white blood cells
- Increase in leukocyte (indicating poisoning and cell damage)
The EPA recommends limited exposure to EMF of .5mG - 2.5mG. If you stand 4 inches from your food cooking in the microwave, you will be exposed to 100 - 500mG. Standing 3 feet away from the operating microwave will expose you to 1 - 25mG.
Microwaves may be faster and more convenient than the convection oven but the nutritional value of your food and the health of your family will pay the price for its convenience.